Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A PLACE FOR US - JaviRamallo Mix.
I am late.

Hope someone likes this version.

Any feedback will be wellcome and grateful.

The best for all.

Mixed with Reaper, Headphones and love.

.mp3    APlaceForUs_Full by CarlosGonzalez - mixed by JaviRamallo.mp3 --  (Download: 8.91 MB)

Signature:
All feedback and comments about the mixes will be welcome Now and in the Future.
Thank in advance for each one of them and thanks to the Site, to the community and to Mike for letting us learn everyday.
Build a coherent criterion to mix have no price.
I liked that you dialed back on the number of tracks because it is very clear and not muddy. But I think the backing vocals sound a little cheesy. To much of the lower backing vocs. Definitely need some automation. Not a bad mix at all. Pleasant but a bit small.
- The backing vocals are too loud. IMO, they should only support the lead.
- Lead vocal gets lost sometimes, it's too low.
- Bass is lacking balls...
+ For the most parts the drum sound is great. I really like the snare.
+ Nice breakdown part.
+ Really good dynamics!
For me it sticks out that the balance in the backing vox, somehow voices sound disconnected instead of glued and compact.
This sounds to me like it doesn't create a good harmony.
Drums kinda dark, maybe could scoop out a tiny bit that might even fix the dark character.
IMO balance is 90% there
(28-07-2014, 02:30 PM)hanibal005 Wrote: I liked that you dialed back on the number of tracks because it is very clear and not muddy. But I think the backing vocals sound a little cheesy. To much of the lower backing vocs. Definitely need some automation. Not a bad mix at all. Pleasant but a bit small.

Hi hanibal005.

Really thanks for take time to listen and comment.

Yes! I reduced the number of tracks to work cleanest. I am happy that you noticed it.

Your tips were helpful!

Again thanks!.

Signature:
All feedback and comments about the mixes will be welcome Now and in the Future.
Thank in advance for each one of them and thanks to the Site, to the community and to Mike for letting us learn everyday.
(28-07-2014, 02:55 PM)Amphibian Wrote: - The backing vocals are too loud. IMO, they should only support the lead.
- Lead vocal gets lost sometimes, it's too low.
- Bass is lacking balls...
+ For the most parts the drum sound is great. I really like the snare.
+ Nice breakdown part.
+ Really good dynamics!

Hi Amphibian.

I was fighting with Bass but it seems that I could not get something good. Thanks mate.

Your tips were helpful, don´t stop to do it!.

Again thanks!.
Signature:
(12-08-2014, 12:01 PM)pmilani Wrote: For me it sticks out that the balance in the backing vox, somehow voices sound disconnected instead of glued and compact.
This sounds to me like it doesn't create a good harmony.
Drums kinda dark, maybe could scoop out a tiny bit that might even fix the dark character.
IMO balance is 90% there

Hi pmilani.

Your tips were helpful, don´t stop to do it!.

Again thanks!.
Signature: