Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Place For Us - Jamolir Mix
Hey guys!

Just mixed this one, Let me know what u think!

Cheers
/Marcus

*Updated this post with one more version*

.mp3    A Place For Us - Jamolir Mix 1.0.mp3 --  (Download: 4.45 MB)

.mp3    A Place For Us - Jamolir Mix 1.2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.4 MB)

Very nice. I really like the drums.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(08-07-2014, 08:34 PM)bmullen Wrote: Very nice. I really like the drums.

Thanx man! Smile
Hey Marcus,

another great mix from you. Only one thing I've notice on the vocals. The Ps and Bs are somehow slitghly 'eaten' by your compression or compression settings. Have no idea idea how to fix that. Maybe increase the attack I guess. You probably know better.
I don't know whether you've noticed this tiny detail but I thought I let you know.
Well done. Really nice mix.
(19-07-2014, 05:49 PM)Juraj Wrote: Hey Marcus,

another great mix from you. Only one thing I've notice on the vocals. The Ps and Bs are somehow slitghly 'eaten' by your compression or compression settings. Have no idea idea how to fix that. Maybe increase the attack I guess. You probably know better.
I don't know whether you've noticed this tiny detail but I thought I let you know.
Well done. Really nice mix.

Thanx man!

What u are hearing is the pitch correction in Izotope Nectar 2. It bugged the living hell out of me and I shouldn´t have posted the mix but I brought an awesome feel to the song. The song "moves", you can feel it.

I´m posting an updated version right now.

The song was mixed in Logic X just under 2 hours. No automation except the piano in the beginning and end.

Some mixes come together quicker then others and this was one of them! Smile

Cheers
/Marcus
Overall I like the mix. Very pleasant. I like the drums but I think the snare, which sounds great, isn't the best fit for this song. A bit small in the mix and gets drowned out by other tracks at the bigger moments of the song which causes the some loss of momentum for me. I liked the way the backing vocals sat in the mix, very pleasant. I noticed the reverb as an effect on the vocals immediately. I think that the mix overall sat further back then in should and lacked a bit of high end energy needed for some hype. Just my opinion.