Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preach Right Here
Any and all opinions, tips, and advice are welcomed.

------uploaded a revised mixed i took the first one off. all opinions, tips, and advice welcomed.

.mp3    Preach Right Here.mp3 --  (Download: 6.18 MB)

The vocals need to be louder, and the drums sound too bright for the rest of the mix, maybe the whole mix is a little too bright.
There are also some frequencies that could be reduce in the mid low of the acoustic guitars.
And if you want to go for clear mix you should clean the noise some tracks have.

Thanks axe45, yeah the whole mix is crazy bright. I feel like my mix will be muffled if i dont hit that 10k boost, so i add a frickn 10k shelf to the final eq. Stupid 10k boost with all its bright as a cops mag lightyness and ish. The low mid thing, any advice on what i should listen for, i can pick a few areas out, but i cant pick out everything just yet. I have a tendency to add certain lower freqs. thats why i boost the highs like that. Hadnt found that balance.
Nice balance, i like the "raw" sound you have in the mix it gives a interesting felling to the track.

You could use compression to control some of the dynamics of the vocals, since they are the heart of the song they should always be upfront.
(04-07-2014, 07:13 PM)Debellatoris Wrote: Any and all opinions, tips, and advice are welcomed.

------uploaded a revised mixed i took the first one off. all opinions, tips, and advice welcomed.

Nice but have you ever listened to led zeppelin? Mabye make another take on it after you listen to them