Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Curfews by Snowmine (Conman57 Remix)
02-07-2014, 05:05 AM
Curfews by Snowmine (Conman57 Remix)
Spent the last four days off and on mixing this. Had my cousin master it. Would love some feedback on it. Big Grin

.mp3   curfews 1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.8 MB)

Most of my mixes can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/conman57
Please comment on my mixes.
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2014, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2014 12:12 AM by Conman57.)
RE: Curfews by Snowmine (Conman57 Remix)
Here's some more versions. #4 is the latest and #5 is without vocals.

.mp3   2014-06-27 Snowmine 4 - 01 Start - Master Out.mp3 --  (Download: 10.8 MB)

.mp3   2014-06-27 Snowmine 5 - 01 Start - Master Out.mp3 --  (Download: 10.8 MB)

25-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Theres a danger in puttin up so many versions. Confusion ...
A guy I knew had his 3rd record produced by a well respected guitarist who were far more experienced playin guitar than producin records. My friend told me about the loads of ampex tape ( it was long ago) with 10-20 versions of each song.
My point is its fairly optimistic to expect others to choose the best version for you.

That said, what I heard on flattering AKG cans, were a lot of tack piano, I think too much, a pretty hard topend and some instruments I find important mixed very low.
A little more deesser wouldnt hurt

Respect you moved the spaceship synth part to first verse too.

Summed up I find the balancing unfinished and the eq too harsh
May be the version I listened to. First post and what I think was mix 4 from 2nd post

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
25-09-2014, 11:41 PM
(25-09-2014 11:20 PM)Voelund Wrote:  Theres a danger in puttin up so many versions. Confusion ...
A guy I knew had his 3rd record produced by a well respected guitarist who were far more experienced playin guitar than producin records. My friend told me about the loads of ampex tape ( it was long ago) with 10-20 versions of each song.
My point is its fairly optimistic to expect others to choose the best version for you.

That said, what I heard on flattering AKG cans, were a lot of tack piano, I think too much, a pretty hard topend and some instruments I find important mixed very low.
A little more deesser wouldnt hurt

Respect you moved the spaceship synth part to first verse too.

Summed up I find the balancing unfinished and the eq too harsh
May be the version I listened to. First post and what I think was mix 4 from 2nd post

I'd say to disregard the very first one and use the others. I was thinking of only putting up the latest but then there would be no reference from which I already did some changes. I actually started from scratch with the second mix and revised that for mixes 3 and 4. The first mix was done a few months ago and the others a few weeks ago. I did boost the high end on the master EQ and the vocals I was trying to de ess. I used a de esser and even an EQ cut but I still had the same issue on the vocals. I thought the problem area was somewhere around 8-9 Khz. I don't know if you found the same thing?

I'm still in limbo whether to keep all the versions or only post the latest. This includes my other ones as well. Any thoughts?

25-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Am I right you find it hard to balance things ?
If so try one of the smaller multitracks.

For the number of versions: just make it easy to play the one you would like comments on

And if you are havin specific trouble mention the trouble you have. Lots o gifted people around who will gladly help. Just make it easy for themBig Grin

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
26-09-2014, 12:04 AM
(25-09-2014 11:55 PM)Voelund Wrote:  Am I right you find it hard to balance things ?
If so try one of the smaller multitracks.

For the number of versions: just make it easy to play the one you would like comments on

And if you are havin specific trouble mention the trouble you have. Lots o gifted people around who will gladly help. Just make it easy for themBig Grin

I usually don't have a hard time with balance. If there is any balance issues it's because I've become deaf to the song or I've rushed the mix. I put up so many versions because I need things like balance issues to be pointed out. The one thing I always push is the bass and I usually have too much of it. But that stems from personal preference but sometimes I overdo it.

For these Weathervane songs I go through the revision process on there and post them here afterward.

Support my video work!
Advertisement: