Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stitch Up by Menekse
Hi, I'm Menekse.

Here is my version of the song!

.mp3    Stitch Up by Menekse .mp3 --  (Download: 8.04 MB)

I think you might be working too hard with your EQ here. The kick and bass are nice and solid, but a bit too restricted in the HF reach, as far as small-speaker listening it concerned -- and that's important given the sound, I think. (I also suspect that the kick is pumping your mix a bit much on account of its low end, so you're ducking out some of the downbeat vocal syllables in the choruses.) The vocal comes across as rather too present in the 3-6kHz region, while the guitars feel a bit too muffled tonally, without enough tonal complexity -- fine in terms of letting the vocals come through, but it does make the guitars feel slightly demo-y to my ears. This is especially the case in the choruses where they're quite spongey and soft-sounding, and that undermines the long-term dynamics in the song as a whole, I think.

Could the vocal have a bit more expanse in terms of effects during the middle section? I think that'd help with the section contrast. In general the vocals feel slightly separate from the mix, so I'd also suggest a little short blending reverb for this.