Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tears in the Rain
I like the sense of space, though i'd agree on the amount of 6-8K on the guitars, it kind of sounds like a transient designer type thing with a big "attack" boost. Maybe that (or free VST of) would help with the attack knob cut?

If I had to make a quick change I'd send all the guitars to a group and throw a tape emulator plug on it, then low shelf the top end of the whole mix -2 dB starting at 5K.

Cymbals are nice. Smile

I think the electric guitars are a bit buried, but my mix is the same in that regard. Smile

The thing about boosting stuff for "cut" is that if you boost everything there is no "cut" because there is no difference between tracks. That's maybe not entirely fair to say though, there is a nice gap in the low mids that the electrics peek through Smile
I like how warm this mix sounds, I think the Electric guitar (I believe it was the first one) is a bit too dry, but maybe that's only because I mixed this myself and gave it quite a lot of reverb to make it sound like its placed a bit further behind the rest of the mix. I like the flow in this mix of yours, and the bass is heavy but not overpowered. It all has a bit too much high end I think, the high frequencies are a bit too aggressive sometimes. Great job on it all in all