Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Nasc Nua
Gave this one a shot. Thanks for the listen and any input Smile

.mp3    An Nasc Nua.mp3 --  (Download: 6.58 MB)

.mp3    An Nasc Nua Final.mp3 --  (Download: 6.58 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
You have done a great job with this. It was quite difficult, wasn't it?

Here's some tweaking ideas:

The bass is little unsteady. I probably can say this comment to each and every forthcoming mix of this song. Smile

Vocals could come up a bit. It's the only important element in this song. Other's are just to back up.

When background joins, I would like to hear main vocal sit in the front of them, not in the the same line. I bet he's singing something from person to person. If so, then background's role would be just to support. But if the message is something like "we are the world", then your current approach is just fine.
(01-07-2014, 02:41 PM)Olli H Wrote: You have done a great job with this. It was quite difficult, wasn't it?

Here's some tweaking ideas:

The bass is little unsteady. I probably can say this comment to each and every forthcoming mix of this song. Smile

Vocals could come up a bit. It's the only important element in this song. Other's are just to back up.

When background joins, I would like to hear main vocal sit in the front of them, not in the the same line. I bet he's singing something from person to person. If so, then background's role would be just to support. But if the message is something like "we are the world", then your current approach is just fine.

Thanks for the tips, Ollie Smile
Here is my attempt at implementing Ollie's suggestions.

.mp3    An Nasc Nua 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.58 MB)

Hi,

I feel there is a bit of freq build up in the centre in the 100-300hz range.
Hence the vocals get a bit muffled.
again would panning the bgvs wider help the image a bit.

Everything else is a creative call. If you feel good about it is good.

Regards,
Blue Bus.
I like some of the changes but now you have a very strong compression in that bass. Some bass notes stay rumbling behind.

That bass problem is difficult to cure with compression only. I tried to solve the problem maybe too difficult way. First I applied Bass Rider -plugin, then I used noise gate to tame the too long open-string notes. After that I split the signal to Low-bass and Hi-bass busses. With that method I could apply different compressions-limiters to low- and hi-signals. Maybe too complicated, especially as I'm not that happy with my end result Smile.
Thanks for the input. Here it is with more work on the panning and eq.

.mp3    An Nasc Nua 3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.58 MB)

You've obviously been through a few versions so I'll try not to muddy the waters so to speak. I listened to version 3 and I think you've done a good job on the backing track. The guitar, strings and bass all compliment each other and seem well balanced. Nice job there.

To my ears, the vocals seem to be sitting in a different sonic environment to the rest of the instruments and I suspect this is down to the vocal effect that you've chosen rather than choice of levels or panning....just an observation
(06-07-2014, 05:00 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: You've obviously been through a few versions so I'll try not to muddy the waters so to speak. I listened to version 3 and I think you've done a good job on the backing track. The guitar, strings and bass all compliment each other and seem well balanced. Nice job there.

To my ears, the vocals seem to be sitting in a different sonic environment to the rest of the instruments and I suspect this is down to the vocal effect that you've chosen rather than choice of levels or panning....just an observation

Agreed. Check out the new version below.
Added more ambience to the instruments.

.mp3    An Nasc Nua 4.mp3 --  (Download: 6.58 MB)