Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doppler Shift - Atrophy (Conman57 Remix)
Did this one awhile ago. Might tweak it later. Let me know what you think! Big Grin

.mp3    Doppler Shift - Atrophy.mp3 --  (Download: 12.59 MB)

Most of my mixes can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/conman57
Please comment on my mixes.
Lots of bass/low mid freqs mate. And it seems that the whole song is played from afar.
Need to excite it a bit Tongue
Brightness could be useful here in my opinion.
The bass could be a bit more at the front
A lil bit of balance would be nice too, just a bit, or maybe some dynamics.

That's what i hear on my system.
Cheers ! Smile
I sort of agree with Vosk0z on a couple of his points.

The sense of distance is probably due to the vox fx. I agree with the concept that this track is a great vehicle for some vox fx, but maybe a bit more contrast between verse and chorus would work better.

My ears are also telling me that there is a lack of brightness. The frequency spectrum looks a bit low in the 1-5kHz region, especially during verses. You could probably do something in the master buss to boost the upper mids and presence frequencies fairly easily, or re balance the mix which is way more tedious but maybe help you understand where these frequencies have gone in the first place.

cheers
(18-09-2014, 12:22 PM)HbGuitar Wrote: I sort of agree with Vosk0z on a couple of his points.

The sense of distance is probably due to the vox fx. I agree with the concept that this track is a great vehicle for some vox fx, but maybe a bit more contrast between verse and chorus would work better.

My ears are also telling me that there is a lack of brightness. The frequency spectrum looks a bit low in the 1-5kHz region, especially during verses. You could probably do something in the master buss to boost the upper mids and presence frequencies fairly easily, or re balance the mix which is way more tedious but maybe help you understand where these frequencies have gone in the first place.

cheers

My subwoofer wasn't balanced right when I mixed this. I will take another shot at this one.
Most of my mixes can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/conman57
Please comment on my mixes.