Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butterfly Effect - Preach Right Here /vanbas mix/
Hi
My first try Wink

.mp3    ButterflyEffect_vanbasmix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.25 MB)

The only things throwing me off is the high end in your percussion, and in the bass parts. Also, the delays on the bass also takes my attention away from the song. I can also hear your automation of your verb effects on the final chorus kick in a little bit after the vocal starts, and there is an audible pop. I like your levels, just that flutter delay throws it off, for me. All the other instruments sound nice and realistic, just that damned bass, haha.

Good job overall.

Draper
Thank you Draper! When I find time to do some mixing again I'll try to fix that
Hi!

Finally I found some time to do another mix Big Grin
I like this song.

Greets!
Vanbas

.mp3    Butterfly Effect - Preach Right Here -vanbasMix2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.18 MB)

Love the new mix man, it sounds like a song. The new darker tone of the percussion really sits with the vibe of the song. The only (not-picky) thing that caught my attention was the hiss on the pad of the vocal break, and the fact that the "whale" synth at the beginning has some pops in it, but I don't think I even cleaned those out of my mix, haha. Everything else is fantastic
Thank you loweche6 Wink
You are absolutely right this hiss is quite annoying. I'll try to fix it as soon as I can

Greets!
that should have read "nit-picky" btw
Hi!

I hope this is better mix Rolleyes

Greets!

.mp3    Butterfly Effect - Preach Right Here -vanbasMix3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.17 MB)

Hi!

New mix four years later

Big Grin

.mp3    ButterflyEffect_PreachRightHere_vanbasMix1-2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.39 MB)