Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atrophy Mix By Yours Truly
I focused a lot on the vocals, contrasting between stark and verby. I like the overall feel. There is some artifact in the last 2 seconds of my vocal track that I cannot locate the source of, so I am just kind of living with it, since this is just for fun. However, I couldn't seem to clear his voice of the hollow tube sound. May be the fact that I am using Sony Hi Fi's through a Kenwood home amp.

I tried for a dynamic mix with a lot of movement by pushing the mix with the drums at times, and at times dropping them to almost inaudible levels.

Thoughts? Comments? Criticism? Praise? Money? All will be readily accepted. Thanks!

Draper

.mp3    Atrophy(drums up)1.mp3 --  (Download: 12.44 MB)

.mp3    Atrophy mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.03 MB)

.mp3    Atrophy Master of mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.56 MB)

.mp3    Atrophy Mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.37 MB)

.mp3    Atrophy Master 3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.55 MB)

Good job on the vocal mate. Don't underestimate the synths and elec pno on this track they are the glue between the quiet and loud sections and give the choruses their pseudo orchestral epicness!
Nice effects on the vocals ,on my monitors the synth and electric piano could up more as sounds soft In the intro and verse.
Maybe a little eq on the electric guitar in chorus as sounds a touch harsh around 2-3 k Big Grin .

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks guys, I've scrapped about 3 mixes since my first, but I will keep stopping back down until I find myself dancing in my seat. The guitar definitely sound harsh (upon listening through a set of commercial headphone I use as my every day phones). Thanks for the input!
Stopping back down? What the hell was I trying to say?
I finally got a mix and master job done that I didn't hate! I included both the premastered mix and then the mastered mix. Again, thoughts, criticisms? Thanks for listening!

Draper
Le sigh, listening on different sources, still not happy. Going at it some more. My white whale right now.
Okay, another swing at it. I think it is much more musical and open. Thoughts?
Last Upload, I swear. I harpooned it! I am happy, and I will stop Ahabbing this song! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! . . . . . . I need a drink

.mp3    Atrophy Master Final Mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.31 MB)

.mp3    Atrophy Mix 4 Mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.71 MB)

Shit. . . now I'm not happy. What have I done? Why did I go back and listen again? Can someone help and give some feedback on the progression of my mixes?