Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cog In The Machine mix by Artbass
hey art
mix sounds good thing I try to fix
one the s/n ratio is very clear at points try a noise suppressor like the ns1 st plugin
and the vox track has some harsh hi bleed at points try a de-eser would fix that
as for the rest of mix no real issues
good job.. Wink
Hi!
Nice work Art B!
I like this strange separations of reverb the people are saying, it make contrast and it don't bother me at all Wink maybe just little too much transient on rim anyway good one!
All best
Hi, thanks for both your replies.

Just to make one thing clear: I have done this mix about 9 months ago and no longer have the files on my harddrive. I appreciate any feedback anyway, mostly because it might help others and it shows me that there are several ways not only to mix but also to listen to a mix (although I should be aware of it...).

@Jacques: Good point about the contrast. There is a fine line between mixing a song and recreating an actual event. And although that is no excuse for bad mixing, we should always keep in mind that it is the song that we should be interested in more than realism. This particular song is a live recording, but I guess I just treated it more like a studio production in this case.

Cheers
Artbass
I like your mix. Especially the drums sound great. I have no problem with the verb and think you did a great job using more the direct mics than the room ones.

Very difrent approach than mine but there are no rules and if it sounds good it sounds good.

This sounds good Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Thanks Voelund!

One of the great things on this forum, apart from all that valuable feedback, is the fact that there are so different mixes of the same songs. You can learn so much just by listening to the differences.
Agree !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Nice sounding and great job Art!!!
the different rooms of chatting in the post does not seem significant, to remix it and improve it, I think you capture very well the intention of the subject and the climate. of the song

leave it the way it is.

great job again!

from Argentina

Sergio
Hi Artbass,

generally speaking I think that we (you and me) have the same "Ears" (the ears..... but not the technique, evidently) ;

if I did the mix of this song, I would have tried to do it exactly in this way.

In details, I like very much:
- the vocal (perfetly sit on the mix and at the center of it)
- the presence/depth of the Upright Bass instrument
- and, since the details are very important, I go crazy when I hear the sound of Brushes (specially the long Brush)

It is a MIX without weakness and ready for the Radio.
My congratulations.
Marco