Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preach Right Here
My mix of Preach Right Here, I hope you enjoy. All comments or critiques are always welcome.

.mp3    The Butterfly Effect - Preach Right Here.mp3 --  (Download: 10.38 MB)

Who says you can't polish a turd?
One of those mixes that can be taken anywhere. I like the direction you're going in....nice heavy groove developing. I think the vox are a bit low/wet....sort of sitting back in mix a bit...i like the effects...maybe level is slightly low
Hello Brahall,

I think you can still do a lot to improve your mix, bass and low end are taking too much place, thus vocals are thined out (and i think you should be more gentle with the effects on the voice)

I also hear phase issues in the low end and noise at the begining.

I really like the treatment you chose for the electric guitar, i kind of discover new parts !

I think you had some good ideas but need some work still on that mix.
(18-06-2014, 12:48 AM)Kal Wrote: Hello Brahall,

I think you can still do a lot to improve your mix, bass and low end are taking too much place, thus vocals are thined out (and i think you should be more gentle with the effects on the voice)

I also hear phase issues in the low end and noise at the begining.

I really like the treatment you chose for the electric guitar, i kind of discover new parts !

I think you had some good ideas but need some work still on that mix.

Thanks for the input. I was trying some things out with side chaining multi band compressors. I definitely prefer EQ and regular compression. I might redo that one but right now I'm messing with Juliets Rescue: Heartbeats. Check it out if you haven't, it's a pretty good song.
Who says you can't polish a turd?