Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believe
Smile what do you think?
Great song .
Any thoughts to help me push this forward?

Mixed again from scratch, forgot backing vocals.

rebalance drums, also pushed up guitars, softened Acoustics. some automation.

Any feed back would be useful.
Cheers.

Mix 3 with changes recommended by Ken .

Hope this hits some where in the park

.mp3    I believe in mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.53 MB)

.mp3    I believe in mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.43 MB)

Yo Rustyruss, many thanks on your feedback, I decided to venture here to the Rock forum and see what's happening with you. I am not an expert on rock, in fact I struggle with it, so all I did was a comparison with yours and the Full Preview (equal loudness).

PROS

Balance - Tonally the balance is the same!
1st half of song - I actually like your 1st half better than the 1st half of the Full Preview. Vocals come out more, feels a bit more open

CONS
2nd half of song - When the song gets busier I think the high-freq energy starts to accumulate and gets harsh compared to the more sparse 1st half. I think maybe that "openness" that worked in the beginning needs to be reigned in as the overall energy goes up. Things like the "gravelyness" and loudness of the vocals, electric guitars, etc. all coming together at once

That's it!
Hi Ken thanks for your feed back. I have listened again to the mix , You are right in what you say, there is a lot going on at the top acoustic, distorted guitars, strings. I will re mix this again and see if I can push back some of those FQ, and re visit the vocal during the loud section.
I will repost mix 3 and look forward to any feed, which really helps me in my progress.

Thanks again.

Keep on keeping on.