Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
You Know Better by Franz
A little surprised by the instrumentation and the playing of the musicians for this style of music but that should do it...

.mp3    \'\'You Know Better\'\'-Hannes Keseberg-mix by Franz-.mp3 --  (Download: 8.4 MB)

Hi Franz, I like were you are taking this mix. for my personal taste the bass is very sub heavy and a little loud; my sub speaker rattled the studio`s cups and the shelve.
listening to other elements they have nice tones. I would like to hear the vocal a little more upfront.
Furthermore as this track arrangement is sparse I think one could make the most of filling this space with more verb delay etc,

hope this help.
Hey Rustyruss,

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my mix.
Yes, regarding some of your very relevant remarks, I admit to having been a little troubled (I talked about it in my presentation #1) by the structure which seemed a little unusual to me of this title. It's a sensation that's not really definable but I must probably be wrong: perhaps a musical interpretation that I don't understand very well. But it is a choice of the Hannes Keseberg orchestra and I totally respect it. I tried to find an atmosphere from this good multitrack. And I must admit that it was a bit difficult. I hope my mix will convince.

Cheers

Franz
Franz,

I'm really not comfortable with your comment.

Thanks.

Note: Franz has now amended the comment in question.
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(28-03-2024, 06:35 PM)mikej Wrote: Franz,

I'm really not comfortable with your comment.

Thanks.
Yeah. I thought I'd leave it be but since mikej spoke up I have to say I agree. This really isn't the place to make such ignorant comments. I'm not seeking a discussion or debate on the subject but felt the need to say my piece. Let's just leave it there and move on to talking about the actual sonic and audio issues or merits of the mixes.
Hi mikej

I hope my modification is acceptable. From now on I would be very careful to stick only to musical and technical criteria.

Maybe you could delete the posts which are no longer related to mine modified?

THANK YOU
Hi All,

Mike alerted me to this thread, and I agree that the original mail did step outside the kind of discussion I'd like to encourage here. Thanks Mike for being on top of this, and thanks Franz for adjusting your comments accordingly. I hope we can all agree that this forum operates at its best when we focus our feedback on audio matters rather than straying into ad hominem critique.

Cheers,

Mike S.