Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borderline - voelund
Had a go at his one.
Big trouble for me makin kick and snare sit like I anted so I added some samples.
That helped.
Had a couple o delays goin and I copied files to make one guitar phrase more powerful.
Im quite happy with it and its a strong song.

.mp3    Borderline 01 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 10.52 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
certainly got a big, heavy kick going on here....and a strong snare tooSmile

I like your take on this mix....You've got bass/kick/snare grooving nicely ....but to me the mid-range (500 -2000hz) seems a bit empty on occasion with AcuGtr so low. I'm sure that was your intention....and its good to try different things so good on you....

Nice control of effects during drop-chorus and the solo section is great
Beautiful sounding mix all blended together nicely. Although I'm not too keen on the drum samples you've used, maybe it because I'm now used to hearing the originals. The snare, on some of the lighter ghost notes seem to be getting a little lost.
Thank you both for havin a listen.
After some days it sounds too unnatural to me, I guess takin the samples down a fair bit will help.
And the idea of fillin out the mids with acc gtr isnt bad ! Some days one focuses too much on one thing (kickn snare for me here) and forget obvious things in other, just as important, parts of the sound picture.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Not a great mix this,snare sounds nasty and no power in the mix, I could go on.
Not up to your normal standards
at all.
(10-06-2014, 02:15 AM)takka360 Wrote: Not a great mix this,snare sounds nasty and no power in the mix, I could go on.
Agree its one o those "I focus on the XX and therefor make it louder" mixes, that eventually lead to somthin balanced and listenworthy
Thank you for your honesty !

- Snare seems like it could use a little less resonance/clonkiness/bottom end/ring.
- Snare is a little out of context, like it's playing by itself. Maybe it's just a tad too loud...!?
- Bottom end is a little loose and overpowering the rest. I think it should be tighter. Kick is too heavy, bass is good - maybe some lowshelf to tame it.
+ Loving the bass.
+ Vocal level and tone is perfect.
+ Good panning and balance. Very natural and open sound field.
I agree on the drums. I understand the choice of the loose kick, but the snare was just a little distracting. Your bass does sound really nice.