Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drumtracks - 'ghost bitch'
Here's my mix. This one has given me a lot of work and headaches. It took me a lot to get closer to the sound I wanted.

But I don't know, I don't feel too happy with the result and there's something there I don't like and I cannot identify. Can you help me?

Thanks!

.mp3    Drumtracks - Ghost Bitch.mp3 --  (Download: 8.02 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Actually its a pretty good effort. There are some things I didn't like which are more a matter of taste such as the cymbals (OH) and bass sound (however I think it blended in with the rest a lot nicer than mine - check it out if you like). I think the only thing that makes it a bit tiring on the ears is the balance. The lead vocals are IMO too prominent and a bit dry, and (probably due to the vocals) the piano and stings are a bit too soft. Make a few changes as far as balancing goes and it will become great!!!
Hi, Stefanos!

I've made some changes according to your suggestions. Maybe now you will like it better!

Thank you for listening!

.mp3    Drumtracks - Ghost Bitch.mp3 --  (Download: 8.02 MB)

mixing since April 2013
The changes you made are really subtle but change a lot! It was definitely better, but I somehow don't like the voice at the part around 2:02. But I really think the singer wasn't the best for that part (that was also the part I'm not happy with in my mix). I think he presses his voice too much...I don't believe that can be changed in mixing.