Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Forkupines-Semantics (Jacques Mix)
Hi!

Here my take on this song!

Advice and suggestions welcomes Smile

All best

Jacques

.mp3    forkupines-SemanticsR1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.29 MB)

Sounds like the overheads and hat could come down a bit ... tough to get all the guitars to fit well together on this one. I'm working on this one now and attempting to find the right notches to solve the puzzle Dodgy Also, maybe use a bit less of the bottom snare for some more snap with it.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(01-06-2014, 06:02 AM)bmullen Wrote: Sounds like the overheads and hat could come down a bit ... tough to get all the guitars to fit well together on this one. I'm working on this one now and attempting to find the right notches to solve the puzzle Dodgy Also, maybe use a bit less of the bottom snare for some more snap with it.

Yes I ear the problem, it was hard to tame those OH, gonna give some more look on it
Thx and all best
Vocals and backing vocals sound great. As mention the drums have a lot of OH mike in them, not bad sounding, but they remind me of playing drums in a garage. If that's the sound your going for then great but I think this track benefits from a tighter drum sound, you have a nice solid thump from the kick though. I look forward to hearing your next version.
Made some volume/EQ tweek on drums GTR and bass, changed a bit the tone of the GTR and tried to tame those cymbals with some fader automation on the drum's room mic. I also changed the chamber reverb on drums to a hall and I think it fit better.

Thanks again for the advice and if you have other they're welcome Wink

All best

Jacques Moretti

.mp3    forkupines-SemanticsR2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.29 MB)

Err and you say my mix is weak and all what I needs.
This all so thin and gutless.
Made some different balance, and EQ...hope is better Wink

peace

Jacques

.mp3    forkupines-SemanticsR3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.27 MB)

Listened to R3 mix. Mix sound great....imo verse 1 sounds a little light....drums/bass/guitars are quite low....But I also think that this is probably part your long term dynamics because the song builds nicely from chorus1 and the intro is solid...so I think it works in context.

Nice job
(17-06-2014, 07:36 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Listened to R3 mix. Mix sound great....imo verse 1 sounds a little light....drums/bass/guitars are quite low....But I also think that this is probably part your long term dynamics because the song builds nicely from chorus1 and the intro is solid...so I think it works in context.

Nice job

Yes on analyzing the song I decided to make a build up form low to the max of dynamics mix Wink

Thanks for your feedback HbGuitar Wink

All best