Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Bitch Mix
I tried to make this as weird and eerie as possible. I used chorus, tremolo on the piano, a lot of automation on panning etc.

.mp3    Ghost Bitch.mp3 --  (Download: 9.08 MB)

Γεια σου, Στεφανε! υποθέτω πως με αυτό το όνομα πρέπει να είσαι Έλληνας. Smile

I've heard your mix. It really sounds eerie... maybe too much for my taste. You got a good ambience giving the impression that the band is playing in an old mansion, but even though it sounded appealing in the beginning, in the end I got a little bit tired since most instruments were too far behind.

But again, this is all just a matter of taste. Not everybody like the same things! Big Grin
mixing since April 2013
I'm Cypriot actually.
You are right it is a bit tiring to listen to. I will try to bring things out a little better, but hearing the other mixes of it here as well, I think this may be the hardest thing to do on this song...Most mixes had the exact same problem
I have a couple of good friends in Cyprus Smile

This is one of the hardest songs I've found here to mix. And maybe it is not because of the instruments, but for the changes the song has. But anyway, you can try to leave the reverbs in the verses and try to give a less creepier sound in the choruses. Listeners can benefit from that change of ambience and make the song more appealing!
mixing since April 2013
I changed a few things according to your suggestions. I didn't remove the reverb but reduced amount, pre delay and reverb time a lot in the chorus. I also changed the balancing a bit in order for the other instruments to be a bit more apparent

.mp3    Ghost Bitch v2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.08 MB)

now it sounds much better and less predictable Smile
mixing since April 2013