Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amy Helm & The Handsome Strangers: 'Rescue Me'
drum and bass mix

.mp3    PsP.mp3 --  (Download: 9.82 MB)

Little details always gives inspiration to change your perspective
A lot of bleed into drum mics from the rest of the band the snare needs cleaning ; a little bit more snap and less of that fq that will ruin the mix ....
The bass is a little fat and needs some definition .
nice balance between elements, and you have captured the song well , I would have liked to of heard less delay on the vocal as this clutters the mix, also not sure you have the delay time right . I think you need more compression on the guitars, this will bring then forward in the mix .The backing vocals are cutting through nice and i love the reverb you have selected on them.
overall great job.

keep on keeping on.
(21-02-2024, 04:17 AM)Rustyruss Wrote: A lot of bleed into drum mics from the rest of the  band the snare needs cleaning  ; a little bit more snap and less of that fq that will ruin the mix ....
The bass is a little fat and needs some definition .
nice balance  between elements, and you have captured the song well , I would have liked to of heard less delay on the vocal as this clutters the mix, also not sure you have the delay time right . I think you need more compression on the guitars, this will bring then forward in the mix .The backing vocals are cutting through nice and i love the reverb you have selected on them.
overall great job.

keep on keeping on.
Hi Thank you very much .This is not full mix.Drum and bass mix . Smile
Little details always gives inspiration to change your perspective
oh ok!!! well still ,the bass is too fat and the snare has a Fq that will make your dog sick.
also the drum reverb is wrong which makes the drums sound like they are coming out through fog ; not right for the genre; maybe try changing the delay time a bit.
cheers.