Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ul-mix
my first reggae song i hope you like it Big Grin one down alot more to goTongue the mix is before mastering so bring up the volume
please feel free to say what you think need to be Different. i need more tracks to be there...Rolleyes

.mp3    1111 arise.mp3 --  (Download: 6.66 MB)

I like the effects you've used -- very atmospheric and trippy, and very much in keeping with the spirit of the track in my view. There are couple of slightly odd momentary 'dry-outs' at 0:09 and 3:01, though, which (although quite arresting) feel like maybe they're a bridge too far for the style. I also like the way you've taken a few liberties with the vocal arrangement using those other vocal takes -- it's a breath of fresh air for me after hearing it the same way for so long now!

Overall the balancing feels pretty sensible to me as well, although you've chosen a softer and breathier vocal tone than I did on my Mix Rescue version so that inevitably shifts things around a bit. Is the lead vocal perhaps just a little to loud overall, though, especially compared with the bass? It's a judgement call, admittedly, but it seems a bit too 'pop' at the moment somehow. One thing that definitely bugs me, however, is that the hi-hat has some really piercing top-octave components on it (especially at around 15kHz), and this combines with the crispy highs you've added to the vocals to give my ear-drums a light sand-papering! Smile If simple EQ is too destructive, then it might be that a dynamic EQ or multi-band compressor might tame this without altering your overall drum tone too much.
hi mike to tell the truth i expected worse Smile im glad you liked all the vocals in there i didnt know if it will be good for this style i dont hear alot of it . i will listn for you vocal on 10k and up my be losing it Smile
Hi Uzi,

I particularly like your take on the vocals and the interplay with delay to keep the interest going... you took a radically different approach to my mix in terms of processing/FX on snare and bass...

Loving your work and determination - keep it going strong!

PS: I would love to have your comments on my mix Wink