Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preach right here - voelund
Hi ya, a quite nice mix. Lots of compression but and in a good way. I must agree with some comments from other guys that it lacks definition to make it perfect ;-) You 've got lots of nice things going on in there I like the snare, it's great. The begging sound, pretty nice move. I like the first acoustic guitar sound in the begining but when the other guitar (I guess it's a guitar) comes in, it feels like they're occupying the same place in some frequency region. I wish I could tell you what exact frequency it is but even me myself struggle with this when mixing and hoping that maybe one day I will come up with a nice and well defined mix.
Anyways overall really good job, I like it. well done
Juraj, try a spectrum analyzer. It's an invaluable mix tool and you'll train your ears automatically as you use it. I prefer voxengo span... It's free, very high resolution, very customizable for various situations, and it has a neat feature that let's you sweep an adjustable bandwidth band pass, which is great for finding build ups on the whole mix, or room resonances/ugly features on individual tracks.

Search voxengo span in google and it'll come right up. Happy mixing Smile
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Oh thanks Pauli,
I tend to use Fabfilter EQ, which has got the spectral frequency analyser build in. But I feel like it's not precise. when playing a short loop of audio it seems like it shows slightly different result each time. Nevertheless I think my ears are not trained enough to recognize those frequencies. Maybe one day... :-)
Thanks again for you suggestion.

Take care for now
in my experience you can't really trust the analyzers built into equalizers when it comes to anything but very broad decisions. most EQs are designed to eat up very little in the way of CPU resources, and that's definitely going to impact the quality of even the most high resolution eq analyzers. A dedicated analyzer is better for critical low end decisions, pinpointing notches, and getting a very clear visual of the overall mix sonics. Just my opinion though, worth a look!
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Hi Voelund,
i can hear three major problems:
number 1: you put the dulcimer guitar on the same field of the acoustic one, try to change a bit the panpot (example: from 90%L to 75%L or 60% )
number2: the tambourine is a bit loud it seems to me that you choose it as LEAD instrument,
number3: a lot of reverb on the shaker (sometime).

i really like the vocal effect, and the drum sounds pretty nice!!
Recording engineer David Williams said, “It’s quite ironic: We got rid of our
analog equipment, replaced it with digital, then spent the next couple
of decades trying to get the digital to sound like the analog we
got rid of.”