Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carol Dant - Do Not Stand- Danny Bask Mix
Please feel free to take a listen to my mix and master of Carol Dant track "Don Not Stand." I am self-taught hobbyist, who would love to do this full time. So, any feedback would be welcome.

.mp3    Carol Dant - Do Not Stand- Danny Bask Unoffical mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.73 MB)

Seems fine to me. I want to say the vocal is a bit up front but that's dumb because it should be up front in a piece like this. It's spoke word more than a song. But nothing jumps out or bothers me.

I think it's a bit 'loud' than necessary but that's more a pet peeve of mine as oppose to being a fault.
Thank you for the feedback. Perhaps the vocal's should come down a fraction and the Rhoads/GTR volume needs to a little too.
I am on my way of mixing this track and I think the process you did with the vocal is what I prefer so far because I see this track as a futuristic dark vibe, see what I mean ? So if it was an upfront bright vocal, it wouldn't do the effect of making me travel to a scifi world. And what you did is great. Feels like in a Matrix movie. However, the delay could be lowered down a bit to me. Otherwise, great job!