Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peppermark - 'Another Feeling' - Impressive Sounds Studio
Here is my Mix and Master of the song: Peppermark - 'Another Feeling

Please be so kind as to leave a review about my work, whether good or bad; I do this for fun mainly, so this helps me to continue improving! Smile

Categories to comment on (if the song contains these) could include:

Bass
Drums
Horns (Brass)
Strings
Overall Balance (I find a perfectly balanced mix to be boring, personally, so generally, I'll pick some things to stand out a tad more sometimes)
Highs
Automation

Plugins and software I use include the following:

iZotope RX Advanced 10 (audio processing; track prep) - Initial cleaning and preparation of tracks.
bx_console SSL 9000 J by Brainworx (72-channel analog SSL console) - Channel strip for initial equalization and dynamics.
II II II II amp sim by Otto Audio (guitar amp sim) - Guitar tone shaping.
Soothe2 by Oeksound (dynamic resonance filter) - Resonance suppression and tonal balance.
Q3 Dynamic EQ by Fabfilter - Fine-tuning frequencies and dynamic control.
DESEQ3 by TBProAudio (dynamic equalizer) - Further dynamic EQ adjustments.
Gullfoss by Soundtheory (smart EQ) - Intelligent EQ for tonal balance.
Saturn 2 by Fabfilter (distortion) - Harmonic distortion and texture enhancement.
Pi by Sound Radix (automatic phase interaction mixer) - Phase correction and alignment.
DynaRide2 by TBProAudio (advanced gain rider plug-in) - Automated level adjustments.
Duck by Devious Machines (side-chain style ducking) - Dynamic volume shaping.
TrackSpacer by Wavesfctory (internal 32 band EQ that reacts to the incoming sidechain signal) - Frequency-specific dynamic adjustments.
MaxxBass by Waves (psychoacoustic harmonic bass enhancement for small speakers) - Bass enhancement.
Submarine by Waves (subharmonics one and two octaves deep generator) - Subharmonic generation.
Perfect Room by Denise Audio (reverb) - Space and depth creation.
Fresh Air by Slate Digital (dynamic high frequency processor) - High-frequency enhancement.
Über Compressor by Sonalksis (massively extreme compressor) - Heavy compression, used carefully.
NLS Channel by Waves (non-linear analog summer) - Analog warmth and summation.
UnHarsh by EndeavorFX (processes harshness uniquely for every input) - Harshness reduction.
Pro-L2 by Fabfilter (limiter) - Final peak limiting and loudness maximization.

Note:  This mix was rendered by Reaper at -14LUFS with a True Peak of -1dB for streaming standards.

YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpVtKlib...hkxgGzmg-8

SoundCloud:  https://soundcloud.com/daniel-boyd-1

Thanks so much for listening, and thanks to the artists for providing these excellent tracks!

.m4a    Peppermark - Another Feeling, Mix & Master by Daniel Boyd from the Cambridge multitrack.m4a --  (Download: 12.98 MB)

Something isn't right in your mix, I think you forgot about the gains stage, after all you had to work so hard choosing the plugins. try to compare with other tracks shown here. Cheers.
The drums lack punch, and the guitars sound distant. It sounds way too soft, possibly Over-soothed. The balances are mostly okay but it feels more like the raw tracks (aside from the snare) than punchy mix.
. drums need cleaning up .kick sucking up headroom as to much 100 k and sub. kick needs to click through at about 5k .
guitar cut up to 120, then boost 400 too 500 k. and have then find their own space in the mix.
overheads need to be your guide on the drums and room track. this will give more depth to the mix.
All comments sent with encouragement , have fun ,keep keeping on .