Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cog In The Machine (Anonymous Audio mix)
It took me a while to finally come across this session! I had seen the videos of the Sweetwater Seminar Fab did this recording for, and thought it was great. So I decided to give it go myself! I tried to keep it fairly traditional. I had to make subtle changes to mixing style to do it, but a degree of flexibility is often a must in this field. XP A couple extra of tweaks could potentially have been done, but I again, I didn't want to mix the 'vibe and love' out of this song, so I just went by what sounded good. Jam it up! And as always, give me your opinions/questions/feedback! Happy mixing!! Smile

.mp3    01 - Will Knox - Cog In The Machine (Anonymous Audio mix).mp3 --  (Download: 6.75 MB)

I find it a bit too bass heavy and a bit too punchy...I'd like it a bit softer and smoother...But I guess that's just a matter of taste...I can't wait to try it myself though
After listening in a few other places, It became pretty apparent to me, as well, that the bass was WAY too hot. Part of that was due to keeping things a bit less processed than I usually do. I'll probably end up doing a more contemporary (usual) mix of it at some point!