Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - One Minute Smile (Blackcapaudio Mix)
Here goes another one!

Really like this song! Super fun to mix - the kick is a sample and the snare is a blend between live mic and a sample, toms are just the provided live tracks. I always want to be upfront about when I'm using samples, not because it's anything to be ashamed of but more so if people are comparing mixes they know what was done with the tracks provided vs what's been reinforced from elsewhere.

Anyways, super fun track that actually slots together pretty well musically so I had fun with some automation on the fx and changing some things section to section. The vocal on this is really good, it's not as "head voicey" as the other track so there's some good energy to be had there this time. It is heavily autotuned which sounds a bit unnatural but I just went with it because the emo rock of 2010 wasn't supposed to sound natural haha!

The whole mix may be a little bottom heavy for some tastes and I did print a version where I dialed it back slightly but then I thought "you know what, I like what I like" and put it back to where it felt good. Is that professional? Perhaps not, but if it's just for me I thought why not throw some extra db's on the bass. I'm also getting better with leaving more of the midrange in, I feel I was getting into a habit of scooping and scooping and brightening to get "cleaner", brighter mixes before realizing it's actually not always a good thing. Enjoy the "mud" I say!
Anyways happy mixing y'all!

.mp3    Acotions - One Minute Smile Blackcapaudio mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.23 MB)