Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2 cents
Hi all, 
I'm probably the gazillionth person to mix this song, but I gave it a shot anyway. Long time theatre engineer, recently came to like this forum and started doing mixes. 
I mixed this on my Beyer DT770's, didn't have a chance to reference it unfortunately. 
Thanks for dropping by and reviewing my mix! 

cheers, 
BC

Plugins used: 
Waves: SSL E-channel and G-Master Buss, F6, CLA-76,CLA2A, CLA3A, L2 Ultramaximizer, Sibilance
Soundtoys Decapitator, Little Plate
Slate Trigger 2
PT Stock: D3 Exp/Gate, VintageFilter, Space, D-Verb, Maxim, Pro Multiband Dynamics
Free: Youlean Loudness Meter

.mp3    AngelsinAmplifiers - ImAlright v1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.47 MB)

Wow! This sounds great in my headphones as well. I really like the tone here. The spectral profile is just very, very pleasing. I may have to invest in some Beyer's!

Just wanted to point out, I really enjoy how dynamic this is. It's got a radio vibe, and the reverb is perfect. There's a lot to love about this mix. I also really like the lead guitar a lot, as it fits so nicely!

The only thing I'd consider is maybe giving the kick and snare a teensy bit more presence; the snare has the ideal amount of upper-mid pop around like 2khz, I'd just want a little more crack at like 8khz to 10khz or so. Honestly, parallel comp on just the kick and snare would probably do exactly what I'm thinking of, though, with some harmonic excitement on the top end there.
Everything sits really well together though.

This is a great mix!
Thanks for the compliments! I think you're right about the snare and kick. 

If you are going to buy the headphones get the 250 Ohm version if you have a good headphone preamp, I feel it produces a much nicer image.

Thanks again for the kind words,
BC
I also think this mix sounds great!
Before and After mix /mastering
More of my work is here
https://soundcloud.com/trvbeats