Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
StreetNoise YouAreTheOne
Trying to mix this made my head explode. Any feedback, suggestions or criticisms appreciated.

.mp3    StreetnoiseNosMos-Mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.76 MB)

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Mahatma Gandhi

(23-05-2014, 02:14 AM)NosMos Wrote: Trying to mix this made my head explode.

I know that you mean lol Wink!
pretty good job
The acoustic guitar sounds nice ,I you decide to have another play around with great song ,sounds like the snare could be a little more fuller the piano could come down a touch especially in the guitar solo and maybe bring up the guitar solo with some automation ,which is one thing i also have to fixBig Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Yeah I kind of gave up on the snare at some point and the piano I just kept making brighter to make it cut through but listening now the whole thing is a bit piercing in that upper mid region. Oh well, onward and upward. Thanks for the feedback
Mahatma Gandhi

You did a better job with the acoustic than I did. Snare is low in the mix.

I know what you mean about head explode. The song changes around a bit doesn't it?
(27-05-2014, 01:16 PM)FXOjafar Wrote: You did a better job with the acoustic than I did. Snare is low in the mix.

I know what you mean about head explode. The song changes around a bit doesn't it?
Yeah lots automation I ended up turning things up and down and back up again...HuhConfusedAngry
Mahatma Gandhi

I found that I had to do a lot of notch filtering in this to keep things from piling up on each other. The guitars all varied highly in volume, a function of the player not being consistant because of the stuff he was doing. There were two solutions for this: Squash it flat with a compressor or automate the hell out of it. I did mostly the latter with just enough of the former to kill most of the peaks and then sent the whole thing through a peak compressor again to even out whatever I missed. Careful panning here was also key for me.

I agree that the piano is too up front and the guitar sounds a little too distant, the way the reverb came out. You can still hear the tune, at least and that's something! Some of these tunes are far friendlier than others to mix, that's fer shure....

One thing about the way you put it together is that certain details came out that I had not noticed in mine. So even if it is technically "wrong" by some measures, it is still educational.
Old West Audio
(03-06-2014, 07:46 AM)azwayne Wrote: I found that I had to do a lot of notch filtering in this to keep things from piling up on each other. The guitars all varied highly in volume, a function of the player not being consistant because of the stuff he was doing. There were two solutions for this: Squash it flat with a compressor or automate the hell out of it. I did mostly the latter with just enough of the former to kill most of the peaks and then sent the whole thing through a peak compressor again to even out whatever I missed. Careful panning here was also key for me.

I agree that the piano is too up front and the guitar sounds a little too distant, the way the reverb came out. You can still hear the tune, at least and that's something! Some of these tunes are far friendlier than others to mix, that's fer shure....

One thing about the way you put it together is that certain details came out that I had not noticed in mine. So even if it is technically "wrong" by some measures, it is still educational.

Thanks for the insightful feedbackSmile
Mahatma Gandhi