Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncle Dad - Who I Am Mix By Dom
Hi! here is my mix for this nice country song. I'm not a real country fan so my mix might not be balanced like a real country song. I've used some Alan Jackson, Darius Rucker as refenrences tracks.

I didn't do that much with this song since it was well recorded. Only some basic EQ like Hi-Pass Filter on almost each instruments.

For the drum, I sent all close drum to a bus that I compressed and eq to help glued everything togheter. I also compressed the kick and snare to give them more attack.

For the bass I Hi-pass it a 55hz to give some space to my kick drum and I also removed 4dB between 150hz and 280hz to remove some mud.

For the guitars I Hi-pass them at 103hz so they are not fighting with the bass. For the stereo guitar I hi-pass it at 108hz and removed almost 6dbs at 290hz

My vocals are hi-pass at 110hz and I cuted some low mid on the lead vocal and added 4 db at 6K to give some prescence. I also compressed them a bit to give them some body.

On my main bus I've got 2 compressor compressing 1db each and ML4000 for pseudo mastering.

What you guys think about the mix? Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Dom

Btw, sorry for my english...

.mp3    Uncle Dad Who I am Mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.8 MB)