Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Blood to Bone - Joe Piccione
This mix was done as part of my newly released tutorial series "The Art of Foundational Mixing". Young Griffo was gracious and allowed the song to be used for the project. Thanks Mates!
Great Song
The series is on vimeo at:
www.vimeo.com/ondemand/josephpiccione

.mp3    Blood to Bone_Tutorial Mix Final.mp3 --  (Download: 8.99 MB)

Hi Joe
I love you mix it Sounds fantastic ,I'm pretty new to DAW mixing and would love some advice on fixing my mix if you have time , love the sound of the bass in the intro i think it sounds just a touch upfront compared to the guitars,kick and vocals and drops down fine after the intro ,the toms could be a touch upfront maybe just in the in the bottom end Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Sounds great !
I like voice a bit more in lvl with music
Toms sound fantastic
Cool effects on guitar, the pan and little modulation when music changes

Bv are maybe hicut too high or could use more compression and lvl ?
Only last phrase is audible when solo vox is present. Sound fine on their own last bit of song

Nice work !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(21-05-2014, 11:24 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Joe
I love you mix it Sounds fantastic ,I'm pretty new to DAW mixing and would love some advice on fixing my mix if you have time , love the sound of the bass in the intro i think it sounds just a touch upfront compared to the guitars,kick and vocals and drops down fine after the intro ,the toms could be a touch upfront maybe just in the in the bottom end Big Grin !

Hi thedon,

Thanks for listening and commenting on the mix I tend to mix toms upfront in everything I mix, they just seem to find their home on higher ground. Smile
I did this mix over the period of a week or so during the making of a video series I call "The Art of Foundational Mixing".

www.vimeo.com/josephpiccione

Friends have asked me in the past to do some lengthy tutorials that cover an entire mix, so I did.
Normally I would mix with more "momentum" and most likely mix a touch different in that process. When we think too much things get "over cooked" sometimes.

I will be happy to listen to your mix and leave feedback for you.

Thanks again
(21-05-2014, 09:52 PM)Voelund Wrote: Sounds great !
I like voice a bit more in lvl with music
Toms sound fantastic
Cool effects on guitar, the pan and little modulation when music changes

Bv are maybe hicut too high or could use more compression and lvl ?
Only last phrase is audible when solo vox is present. Sound fine on their own last bit of song

Nice work !

Hi Voelund,

Thanks for listening to the mix, your feedback is appreciated! I treated the BGV's as a texture, lightening them a bit to let them become more transparent was intentional. Many times I push BGV's out of the way by thinning them out a bit. Generally I don't let them carry the same weight as the lead vocal.

Thanks again for checking it out.