Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ul-mix
i hope you like it Big Grin one down alot more to go Tongue the mix is before mastering so bring up the volume

.mp3    ul-mix Jackie Greene Rise Up Singing .mp3 --  (Download: 3.62 MB)

Another quality mix, this one. I like the way the drums and bass fit together, and the vocal comes through nice and clearly too, with the electric guitar well-managed against it. The effects are as polished as I've come to expect from your mixes, and overall it just feels very effective once it gets going.

A couple of points, though, to bear in mind. The first is that although the acoustic guitar sound cuts through the full mix nicely without cluttering, it does sound extremely thin and rather unappealing during the intro before the full band enter the fray. This is a common pitfall, especially with acoustic guitar and piano, but it's easily remedied by automating your EQ settings or multing the part -- whichever is more practical on your system.

The second thing is that your acoustic guitar and piano parts really lose ground in mono -- the guts of the track seem to shrink dramatically, which is a shame. Experimenting with some delays and phase-rotation between the mics may help here, but it may be that only narrowing the spread will give you significantly greater consistency.