Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Cur An Long Ag Seol - Olli H
Really like balance of all the instruments in this mix. Also like the strong vocals.

I'm picking up a slight harshness around 250-1000hz...not uncommon in acoustic mixes with so much mid range going on..... just wondering if a small mid range cut to the master buss EQ, at around 500Hz with a broad base, say Q=0.25, may help open the mix up and smooth the mid range a tad.....just a personal preference...mix is solid as is
You're maybe right with that slight harshness. But if I ever open this mix again, I might first try some small very cuts to some instrument tracks. Thanks for listening with critical ears. (I tried to find your mix, but didn't find it.)
Great mix, especially the guitar/mandolin are separated beautifully. I find the vocal a little too bright, but my taste is known to be to darker sonic side ...
Would you reveal some details about eq treatment for guitar/mandolin ?
In my mix they were fighting a bit you know ...
Bas sounds great too, all you did were some cuts (where ?) and boost some around 100 ?
Great job !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Beautiful mix, Olli. Sounds really really nice over here!
Thanks,
Now that I listened it again it sounds quite dark and bass heavy. Maybe my ears have changed.

I just noticed that Voelund had made a question a year ago, and I haven't answered it! Sorry for that. Unfortunately I don't have access currently to my old ProTools sessions, so I'm not able to check what I have done a year ago.