Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions Please :) !
HI Guys !

My second mix !

Can you please give your opinions and also tell me what i'm doing wrong Tongue

Thanks
Ronan

.mp3    Im Alright FINAL!!!.mp3 --  (Download: 6.41 MB)

Hey dude,

In my opinion , in terms of levels, the piano and vocals are louder than the rest, and the acoustic guitar is too quiet.
You can also listen to my mix and tell me what you think!
Hi!

Permit some brief opinions from a guy probably not too much further along than you are?

I think in the chorus, you want to drop the lead vocal down by about half. Remember, there's a double of the lead line in the backing tracks and that will make it much louder than you want through the addition. Then generally back both vocal tracks down a bit. They are ineed a might forward.

Watch the high end on the drum overheads. That hi hat is also coming through a bit strong.

I'd also suggest backing the piano/acoustic off about 3-5 dB during the guitar solo to help it come through more cleanly.

It's an interesting approach putting the piano over the acoustic guitar. I wasn't sure how to treat that. Sounds like you put the piano and electric guitar pretty much on top of each other and allowed the tones to blend rather than trying to separate them?

That's the great thing about this work. There's so many ways to approach a single tune!

Keep mixing, Ronan!
Old West Audio
Uhm, about the panned parts of the vocal, i find them a bit hard to listen...
They sound a bit nasal and muddy, that's not what you usually hear from the sides.
And that what has been already told, the levels, but that's not That much of an issue most of the time here...
There's something hard to name, that i don't really like here, it's not bad, it has... something :/ .
Maybe play with the eq to fit it alltogether?
not bad, in my opinion the snare is to much to the far right. the vocals and vocal levels are not bad at all you didn't over eq it like most people do. Acoustic guitars sound a little thin. I do like how you didn't pan hard left and right for the instrument, I did not think panning that hard for this song sounded good. overall good job