Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Place For Us (Sano mix)
A great song to mix Smile

.m4a    A Place for us (Sano mix).m4a --  (Download: 7.21 MB)

Sounds great, man. Very smooth and balanced, and the kick drum is amazingly powerful, even in headphones.

Just a couple things I noticed... there's an upper mid buzzy sound in the lead vocals, might be an artifact from distortion to make the vocals more aggressive? but they still sound a little bit polite... maybe faster release times on any compressors?

I think the bass during the fuller sections could benefit from a boost in the upper harmonics, too... maybe even out the punchiness difference between that section and the slaps.

On the whole a fantastic effort, and your drums are mind blowingly well done. Great work, Sano Big Grin
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Hi Sano,
Sounds clear and well balanced to me !

A first minor quibble of mine is the vocal reverb during the intro. Not that it's too loud, but I think its low-mid frequencies add up to the already midrange-y piano sound and make it sound somewhat "boxy" to me. Not a problem in the rest of the song though.

The second is more a matter of taste than a real issue and something I already mentioned on Sergio's mix : the Bb chord leading to the interlude @2:12 is sustained in the guitars and bass parts way after the pads have turned to the F chord. A fade out of those instruments may make that transition sound less dissonant.

That's about all. Great mix !
Nice work on this mammoth project Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Really nice mix man! I'd say the only criticism I have is your bass takes up too much low end and makes everything really wooly sounding (around 250 to 400hz area). If you can clean up that your mix will be stellar!
A really nice mix from start to finish... i like the fact that I can get a sense of the slap bass in the chorus without it really jumping out and getting in the way of the anthemic vox....Have to agree with EKN about dissonance at 2.16....most people have this in their mixes..but here it sounds here like its about to feedback.

Great job.
Thanks for all your comments, greatly appreciated.Smile