Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
My First Mix....
Please all comments welcome !
This was my first time doing a full mixdown.

.mp3    Good Time MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 12.33 MB)

Hi Ronan
Great job especially for a first time full mixdown ,I like the live drum sound.
Just a couple of observations on first listen,the electric guitar witch slides down sounds a touch upfront.
The electric guitar solo at 2.15 sounds a little soft ,maybe some automation to bring up the levelBig Grin.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(17-05-2014, 12:48 PM)thedon Wrote: Hi Ronan
Great job especially for a first time full mixdown ,I like the live drum sound.
Just a couple of observations on first listen,the electric guitar witch slides down sounds a touch upfront.
The electric guitar solo at 2.15 sounds a little soft ,maybe some automation to bring up the levelBig Grin.

Thanks Don !

I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I had a listen with fresh ears this morning and yea the guitar at 2.15 needs a lot more cutting power it's totally after disappearing in the mix.

Anyway thats for the input much appreciated !!
I agree with don's comments. I like what you did with the drums here. They've got a good sound to them. With that lead guitar, it doesn't sound like all that dynamic of a part. That might let you get away with a decent amount of compression and then just adjusting the volume level as it comes in and out of the two solo sections. Doesn't sound like it would be a bad thing to raise the guitar a bit overall while you're there. This was definitely a good first entry. Congrats!
Old West Audio