Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Heart Peripheral Mix / oh boy
This was not exactly fun.i was really tempted to reprogram the drums and change THAT synthlead. But i guess a lesson in how to recognize unsufficiant productions. Really hard to make it sound like something. Smile
Somebody else having an easy time with this?

.mp3    AMContra Heart peripheral (oh lord mix) .mp3 --  (Download: 8.05 MB)

Great mix, better than what I could do and yes it was a difficult project.

- I enjoyed the dancier feel with emphasis on the kick and the bass more subdued but still felt. I think a lot of other mixes, including mine, kept the bigger bass sound which makes the song more laid back but has a less driven feel.

- Did you replace the kick or sculpt it out?
- What approach did you settle on with the synthlead?

My only suggestion is the hi-hat is a bit upfront and clangy and maintains the same energy even outside the chorus. It perhaps could be pushed back a little more since it's there all the time through most of the song. Otherwise I have nothing to add and enjoyed your results.
(20-11-2023, 09:35 PM)krujap777 Wrote: Great mix, better than what I could do and yes it was a difficult project.

- I enjoyed the dancier feel with emphasis on the kick and the bass more subdued but still felt. I think a lot of other mixes, including mine, kept the bigger bass sound which makes the song more laid back but has a less driven feel.

- Did you replace the kick or sculpt it out?
- What approach did you settle on with the synthlead?

My only suggestion is the hi-hat is a bit upfront and clangy and maintains the same energy even outside the chorus. It perhaps could be pushed back a little more since it's there all the time through most of the song. Otherwise I have nothing to add and enjoyed your results.
thanx. yeah i sculpted the kick with eq. i canĀ“t remember what i did to the lead but i rember the goal was to make the sound less annoying Big Grin
you are definitly right about the hats.