Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike's Sulking_DLR
This is my attempt to mix this strange song. I struggled with drums, with vocal, back vocals, with guitar.. I struggled with everything, but this is, at the moment, the best I can do. I reversed part of vocal at the end.. it was amusing to me Rolleyes

EDIT: I forgot to fadeout song...

P.S. I do not comment other people's work 'cause I am not an expert, so what's the point of my comment Huh But, ofcourse, I like to read any sugestion and criticism to my work.. Big Grin

.mp3    spike MIX2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.29 MB)

Hey DLR

I think you've put together a pretty decent mix here. The vox and guitars sit well together and you have found space for all the elements.

To my ears i think the snare, kick and bass need some slight adjustments in their balance together to give you more drive and groove

(11-05-2014, 09:14 PM)DLR Wrote: This is my attempt to mix this strange song. I struggled with drums, with vocal, back vocals, with guitar.. I struggled with everything, but this is, at the moment, the best I can do. I reversed part of vocal at the end.. it was amusing to me Rolleyes

I've never done a mix where I haven't struggled at some point...but you just keep moving those faders until it clicks. ....There are always compromises but that's OK...because everyone's compromises will be different..and that makes it interesting

(11-05-2014, 09:14 PM)DLR Wrote: P.S. I do not comment other people's work 'cause I am not an expert, so what's the point of my comment Huh But, ofcourse, I like to read any sugestion and criticism to my work.. Big Grin

well i think you should start.....you can obviously mix...so you understand the process. You don't have to be super technical in your observations....you can simply say something like.."I loved the drums but the vox seems a bit low". And you will be surprised how much you learn about your own mixing when you help others understand their mixes

so get involved....every-time you post a mix....post at least one comment about someone else mix first....there is nothing to worry about...just do it Big Grin
Hey there DLR - I agree with HbGuitar, I think the balance is pretty good. I really like the definition you got in the bass there and I could quite happily sit and listen to a whole 4 bars of that reversed vox too :-)
OSX - PT10 - Logic
Hahaha... thank you Stanley Smile