Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A place for us Flymix
here is my mix. Hope you like.

Any input???

From Argentina

Sergio

.mp3    a place for us.mp3 --  (Download: 8.89 MB)

Great job on this tough one, Sergio.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
¡qué mezcla tan buena, Sergio! me he quedado totalmente enamorado de esos toms...
mixing since April 2013
(11-05-2014, 01:15 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote: ¡qué mezcla tan buena, Sergio! me he quedado totalmente enamorado de esos toms...

Gracias Juan me alegra que te guste, a mi en lo personal no me lleno mucho la mezcla, es mas no me gusta. LOL
quiza es debido a que estoy muy loco....lol
a mi me ha pasado que he puesto mezclas que me parecían que estaban mal y luego a la gente les encantó. Además, no es posible que te guste todo. Unas canciones te dicen más que otras pero bueno, aquí practicamos y mejoramos que es de lo que se trata.

De locura aquí estamos sobrados más de uno jejejeje!!
mixing since April 2013
Nice mix man!!
Hey! Not bad at all! Smile

Just a few small quibbles:

1. Vocals are just a wee bit too forward for my taste (though I do love that reverb you put on them Big Grin). I think their level is OK but you might want to dial back a little on the compression on them.
2. Backing vocal "oh-whoa-oh-ohs" could be a little louder in the early points in the song.
3. Snare feels a little muddy. I had the same problem with my mix; I found applying a hipass filter at 200 Hz on the overhead track cleared it up. Smile
4. This is more personal taste but I think the strings during the quiet interlude towards the end need to come up a little. In fact, on this mix I might automate them; start them out at the level you have them at now then fade them in slowly until they're really big by the time the lead vocal starts again. Smile
5. The bass track here has some unusually nice high frequency components; you might want to try some EQ boost at around 3000 Hz and even some air at 12 kHz to bring them out. Smile

Other than that, though, this one is the best mix I've heard of this song so far. Nice! Smile
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
Great work, sergio! Could the vocal maybe benefit from a small cut to the low mids?

Pretty awesome definition, especially in the electro percussion. Color me impressed Big Grin
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Hi Sergio,

Very nice sounding mix. I like what you did with the lead and backing vocals, very clear and smooth texture. I also dig the punchy rythm section, although I think it could benefit from cutting down low-end resonances that may come from the OH track.
Another minor quibble is the sustain of those instruments playing the last Bb chord leading to the the interlude @2:14 (mainly guitars and bass). I think it'd sound better to fade them out before the synths/strings/mellotron turn to the F chord (btw 2:16 and 2:17)
Apart from that, great job !
Nice job..I like the way you've brought forward the drum & bass in the mix to give it that illusion of having a slightly sparse feel BUT still kept the rest of the keyboards, strings, guitars etc to maintain that sonic density. Big Grin Good job on the vocals too.

Maybe..just maybe...BGV whoa wo's in final chorus could come up to give it that anthemic feel....which you've done in the outro...but maybe could find a similar level during chorus