Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia Wonder - Siren - Sand's attempt
Hello everyone,

This my first post and submission to the site and I would like to thank the owner and creator. The concept is great and really helpfull.

This a headphone mix (I don't have a room good enough to invest into good monitors atm). Any feedback on the depth, the low end, the harshness and the feeling of the song will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and happy listening.

.mp3    SIREN FINAL.mp3 --  (Download: 14.13 MB)

(10-05-2014, 05:27 PM)Sand Wrote: Hello everyone,

This my first post and submission to the site and I would like to thank the owner and creator. The concept is great and really helpfull.

This a headphone mix (I don't have a room good enough to invest into good monitors atm). Any feedback on the depth, the low end, the harshness and the feeling of the song will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and happy listening.

listening on computer monitors at the moment ,this is a personal preference, I think the vocal reverb could have less low frequencies and come down a touch to be more subtle Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thank you for your feedback thedon.

I found myself having a lot of trouble finding the right level of reverb when mixing on headphones. I tend exaggerate it because of the enhancement of the stereo image you get when mixing on headphones but I might have gone too far on the vocal ^^.

Thanks for the input

-
Sand.
(12-05-2014, 06:02 PM)Sand Wrote: I found myself having a lot of trouble finding the right level of reverb when mixing on headphones.

Its a good mix.

If headphones are your only option then the 114db monitor or the beyerdynamic virtual studio (free) might help. I am relegated to using cans when the family is sleeping :-) Not the same as monitors -- but at least the simulators help on stereo image and levels (and not so much on EQ).
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42