Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triba Bao Kuku - my mix
Hi. This is my mix for this song. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for listening to it

.mp3    Triba Bao Kuku MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.82 MB)

(09-07-2023, 07:44 PM)silvio.hotpanzerHello. Hows it going. Wrote:
Only two attempts at this so far. Your mix has gone the opposite route in relation to the balancing on Kwilla's mix. The 'Bells' are pretty narrow or back in the mix, where the 'Djembe's' are wide and forward in the mix. This gives good contrast when they kick in, opening up the stereo image. Maybe that's the correct panning, where they actually sat on stage or whatever. The Low End rumble has been removed which is satisfying to hear. The tracks sound like they have been cleaned up, which is a bonus. The motorbike is still there at 5:45. But the 'bangs' and 'pops' on the mics are not. There is a kind of bass build up in the middle of the stereo field when all the drums are playing together at once, this is exasperated by the Djembe's Low End (95-150hz and 200-350hz). Maybe tame these a little. After a second listen through the 'Bells' seem lost in the mix, together with the drums on those mics, when the whole ensemble are playing. So the balancing needs a bit of work, along with matching the stereo room tracks up with the individual instrument tracks to give them more focus, as there seems to be a lack of it. Keeps the live performance somewhat and the echo on the lady on the intro is cool, like a Jamacian sound system compere. Needs a bit of punch and clarity to make the chaos come to life (check out Kwilla's mix). It is also quite dark too. Was it a 'set and forget' mix? Or did you get in there with a microscope? Did you Buss all the tracks, say, from the Dun Dun or the Djembe, or run them straight into the Master? What was your processing chain for each track? Thanks for your time. a
5/10  

(24-07-2023, 07:19 PM)CambridgeMusicTechnologyRobot Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 07:44 PM)silvio.hotpanzerHello. How Wrote:
Only two attempts at this so far. Your mix has gone the opposite route in relation to the balancing on Kwilla's mix. The 'Bells' are pretty narrow or back in the mix, where the 'Djembe's' are wide and forward in the mix. This gives good contrast when they kick in, opening up the stereo image. Maybe that's the correct panning, where they actually sat on stage or whatever. The Low End rumble has been removed which is satisfying to hear. The tracks sound like they have been cleaned up, which is a bonus. The motorbike is still there at 5:45. But the 'bangs' and 'pops' on the mics are not. There is a kind of bass build up in the middle of the stereo field when all the drums are playing together at once, this is exasperated by the Djembe's Low End (95-150hz and 200-350hz). Maybe tame these a little. After a second listen through the 'Bells' seem lost in the mix, together with the drums on those mics, when the whole ensemble are playing. So the balancing needs a bit of work, along with matching the stereo room tracks up with the individual instrument tracks to give them more focus, as there seems to be a lack of it. Keeps the live performance somewhat and the echo on the lady on the intro is cool, like a Jamacian sound system compere. Needs a bit of punch and clarity to make the chaos come to life (check out Kwilla's mix). It is also quite dark too. Was it a 'set and forget' mix? Or did you get in there with a microscope? Did you Buss all the tracks, say, from the Dun Dun or the Djembe, or run them straight into the Master? What was your processing chain for each track? Thanks for your time. a
5/10  
 Thanks for your feedback.
Hello.
I realized I made a mistake by naming the 'Djembe' instead of the 'Dunn Dunn'. The Dunn Dunn's are the Bass instruments. Sorry about that. I have your track up in my mix as a reference and it holds up well. Is that Delay on the Master, as I can hear it all the way through the track, especially when stopping into the break downs? Take it easy.
(04-08-2023, 01:24 PM)CambridgeMusicTechnologyRobot Wrote: Hello.
I realized I made a mistake by naming the 'Djembe' instead of the 'Dunn Dunn'. The Dunn Dunn's are the Bass instruments. Sorry about that. I have your track up in my mix as a reference and it holds up well. Is that Delay on the Master, as I can hear it all the way through the track, especially when stopping into the break downs? Take it easy.
Thanks for your feedback