Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SpedeMix A Place For Us
(08-05-2014, 11:01 AM)Spede Wrote: Hi! I did a mix out of this yesterday. This was pretty hard to pull off: the weird bass arrangement (slapping on the fuller parts) and the drum tracks which were essentially ruined by the shoddy editing certainly didn't help.

Some of the backing vocals were artificially double-tracked (using some ADT software). Once you get rid of those (and the flanging effect they caused with the tracks they were created from) the bg voxes started to sound much more bigger.

The drums in this song were a huge issue and I had to do a lot of weird juggling to get them work. Since you couldn't create the drum strength the traditional way (you know, so that the all the mics support each other) I had to do lots of the opposite: To make sure any of the channels didn't step onto each other's toes and destroy the low punch (or what left of it anyway). That included deleting half of the close mics (kick outs and snare bottoms and such) The sample snare track provided saved my butt here.

But the song is great and that's all that matters in the end Smile

Great!

Congratulations.
Signature:
All feedback and comments about the mixes will be welcome Now and in the Future.
Thank in advance for each one of them and thanks to the Site, to the community and to Mike for letting us learn everyday.
Build a coherent criterion to mix have no price.
Hearing the direction you took makes me want to remix this song. Very modern and well made compromises. You could split hairs about small things in the mix but to me it ain't broke so don't fix it. Great job.