Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont let go Flymix
I like the way it is now. Maybe vocals have just a little bit something extra in low-mid areas. But on the other hand it is very pleasureable to listen to...
Good job, Sergio Smile. The mix is leaning a little bit toward the treble frequencies, you mix that way often and somehow keep it from being harsh on my ears Big Grin in fact it's quite nice to listen. Your reverbs are also lovely, as usual. I like it!
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(02-05-2014, 03:00 AM)takka360 Wrote: What you done you've killed it . . .

I suspect you didn't mean this the way it came out. Nevertheless I felt I had to say this:

I agree 100% with what you're saying, but I felt how you said it was way harsh. "You've killed it," implies that the piece has been permanently and irrevocably destroyed, which is never the case in mixing; it's always possible to go back and undo even the worse mistake. I had the impression that Fly was bruised by that as he posted his next mix without saying a single word in the posting itself, other than to quote back what you said.

I hope I'm wrong about that. I hate to see someone get their feelings hurt, especially unintentionally (and, again, I doubt you meant it that way, Takka).
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
I listened to all the versions of this mix and, you know what? The first one was my favourite. IMHO, you already had it perfect the way it was. The bass was uneven? Sure, but it's an upright acoustic bass so that "unevenness" is, IMHO, part of its sound. Or, at the very least, sounds good with this particular song. Wink I used no compression on it whatsoever and I loved the results I got.

However, the most recent mix here was pretty good, too. I just felt you may have overcompensated for the vocal harshness in the last mix; now they need to be sharpened up some. They'd sound great if you could get a brightness between the two extremes.
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
(06-05-2014, 04:06 AM)Pedaling Prince Wrote:
(02-05-2014, 03:00 AM)takka360 Wrote: What you done you've killed it . . .

I suspect you didn't mean this the way it came out. Nevertheless I felt I had to say this:

I agree 100% with what you're saying, but I felt how you said it was way harsh. "You've killed it," implies that the piece has been permanently and irrevocably destroyed, which is never the case in mixing; it's always possible to go back and undo even the worse mistake. I had the impression that Fly was bruised by that as he posted his next mix without saying a single word in the posting itself, other than to quote back what you said.

I hope I'm wrong about that. I hate to see someone get their feelings hurt, especially unintentionally (and, again, I doubt you meant it that way, Takka).

Of course I never wanted to hurt his feelings its just a little bit of banta that's all.