Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Torres - New Skin
04-05-2014, 09:25 PM
RE: Torres - New Skin
Your third version the guitar tracks seem to be out of time with the rest of the song, like they have been slightly misaligned.
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2014, 05:54 PM
ooops!!! sorry!!! it took me three attempts to upload the song because I was having connection problems and I think that the third time I uploaded the wrong file.

Here is the right one. Blush

.mp3   Torres - New Skin V2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.49 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Visit this user's website
06-05-2014, 12:11 PM
I didn't hear any relevant difference between the first and the last version. Maybe my idea wasn't good for this problem.
06-05-2014, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 04:16 PM by juanjose1967.)
but we tried anyway Smile and that's the main thing!

mixing since April 2013
07-05-2014, 03:02 PM
You choose the in your face strategy. And made a very clear mix of that. Only the bass doesnt have a chance to those loud and proud guitars. I think a boost about 3-4 dB wouldnt be too much.
That said the sound on the rest is very natural and clear. I kinda miss the harmony vocals, but only because I know they are there. Your toms sound good ! The hat may be a bit too loud, but if you choose to raise the bas that will change things a lot.
Its very interesting the same raw tracks can sound so diffrent mixed by diffrent brains between diffrent ears.
Good clear mix this !

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
09-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Thank you, Niels! before I posted my first mix, the bass was louder and I didn't like it that loud, so I decided to lower it a little bit. As you said, we all have different ears (I'm asking for a new pair for Christmas Big Grin)

I also tried all the vocals but eventually I thought that only one voice would sound better according to my taste. So that's why I made such decisions.

mixing since April 2013
09-05-2014, 08:51 PM
and thats how it should be !
(09-05-2014 05:09 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote:  I also tried all the vocals but eventually I thought that only one voice would sound better according to my taste. So that's why I made such decisions.

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order

Support my video work!
Advertisement: