Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KatWright_ByMySide
Hello everyone!.

Just finished with this mix. This is music I don't really listen to but that was the challenge, to mix something out of my usual.

This song was recorded live so we all know the usual suspects in this case. A lot of bleed. However I didn't feel the need to really do anything about it because to me the bleeding didn't really affect the song. I just cuted out some parts to get rid of it in the vocals. Vocals were a bit of a challenge though because of the lack of consistance and the loud popping sounds from the singer. Other than that, an instresting song overall. (As always I have treated the master bus accordingly).

Enjoy and leave your thoughts. Cool

.mp3    KatWright_ByMySide_MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 9.11 MB)

Hi MakisD, you did a really good job on this mix. The tonality of your mix is quite different from mine, but that's all a matter of taste.
Your drums are definitely very fat and smacky and the vocals are upfront like they should be. And yes that vocal track had many problems (dull tone, pops, tons of bleed)! I'm not a fan of that microphone. Your horns are warm and fat as well, I really like what you did there.
My only critiques are:
- guitar solo is too distant and does not get the 'spotlight' it should have
- vocal sound has a bit too much midrange in about the 500 Hz for my taste, sounds a bit clogged up (also a problem with the mic IMO)
(19-02-2024, 09:02 AM)Rob Cummings (Hot Milk Studio) Wrote: Hi MakisD, you did a really good job on this mix. The tonality of your mix is quite different from mine, but that's all a matter of taste.
Your drums are definitely very fat and smacky and the vocals are upfront like they should be. And yes that vocal track had many problems (dull tone, pops, tons of bleed)! I'm not a fan of that microphone. Your horns are warm and fat as well, I really like what you did there.
My only critiques are:
- guitar solo is too distant and does not get the 'spotlight' it should have
- vocal sound has a bit too much midrange in about the 500 Hz for my taste, sounds a bit clogged up (also a problem with the mic IMO)
Hi Rob!

Thanks for the comment and your critique!