Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Sambasevam Shanmugam - Kaathaadi
I've always loved the sound of Bollywood music, but most of the time when I hear it it's under less than ideal conditions, where it's distorted all to sh*BEEP*. This was therefore delightful to work with, giving me a chance to hear what this music is supposed to sound like. Wink

I made a couple of unusual artistic decisions here, the most dramatic being the elimination of the backing vocals entirely on the opening phrase; I felt it felt more cinematic with the lone voice opening the piece, and cinematic is important here since this is movie music after all. Wink I also kept the backing vocals fairly far back and added heavy reverbs to them; I was trying to create an impression of the backing vocals being off in the distance, drifting down from the sky or something. Wink

Anyway, this mix is brand new so I still have the mix project; if anyone has any suggestions I can implement them. Big Grin

.m4a    129 Kaathaadi 1.m4a --  (Download: 9.92 MB)

John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
All the mixes I've heard today have been great and this is no exception, good stuff, lush when it should be and ditto when it should be intimate. That quieter verse in particular is pretty much perfect. The bv's do bother me though, works well in the intro but tbh sounds like something went wrong later on esp around 3.33 when there's that weird edit [the one that was on the raw track] on the main voc, but that's just a taste thing. Mix overall is great.