Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of revelations
I did a mix of this song from a 'studio mix engineer' point of view. Working with bands, especially as a mix engineer is something I'm looking to go into.

Unfortunately at the moment I'm having to use headphones to mix on so please bare in mind when leaving feedback Smile

https://soundcloud.com/gazcox/street-noi...comparison
Hi Gazcox.

I usually like to download mixes and check them out in my DAW before commenting...but as you have yours up on sound cloud, my observations will be more limited.

I wasn't sure which half of the track was before, and which was after. To my ears the first half sounded better....the second part was pretty awful...so I'll assume the first part is your mix.

Backing track hangs together OK....maybe some automation on guitar would be good...lead guitar levels a little high during solo section. Vocals too low, too wet.

Any reason why you didn't post mp3 here?
(28-04-2014, 06:17 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Hi Gazcox.

I usually like to download mixes and check them out in my DAW before commenting...but as you have yours up on sound cloud, my observations will be more limited.

I wasn't sure which half of the track was before, and which was after. To my ears the first half sounded better....the second part was pretty awful...so I'll assume the first part is your mix.

Backing track hangs together OK....maybe some automation on guitar would be good...lead guitar levels a little high during solo section. Vocals too low, too wet.

Any reason why you didn't post mp3 here?
The two tracks have 'before' and 'after' in the titles but if you were listening to the set then the my finished mix was first and the 'before' mix was second.
I uploaded to sound cloud because it makes it easier to share with anyone and everyone. And it is a part of my college project so the link is handy for that too.
With the high levels during the solo I wanted to make it stand out and more obvious that it's a solo, just some added emphasis to grab the listeners attention after a few minutes of listening.
I think I struggled a little with the vocals to get them just perfect. I like how I got them but you're probably right with the level being too low. A little bit higher and they did stand out too much in my opinion.