Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost My Way - Simman work in progress
This is my mix after about an hour - still working it and would welcome your feedback/recommendations.

.mp3    Lost.mp3 --  (Download: 8.29 MB)

Wherever you go...there you are
Overall balance sounds good to me level wise, but there seems to be a lack of frequency separation. Maybe emphasize the upper mids a bit more on the organ and piano. Also, there might be a bit of build up in the lower midrange (200-400 Hz).
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(21-04-2014, 02:50 AM)bmullen Wrote: Overall balance sounds good to me level wise, but there seems to be a lack of frequency separation. Maybe emphasize the upper mids a bit more on the organ and piano. Also, there might be a bit of build up in the lower midrange (200-400 Hz).

Greatly appreciate the feedback. Agree about the issue(s) between the organ and piano, and I'm not real happy with where they sit (i.e., panning) in the mix either. Not horrible but definitely needs work and a slew of automation too. Will work on this more an post an update.

Thanks again for taking the time to listen and provide the comments.
Wherever you go...there you are
On first listen I think you've got a lot done in 1 hour and so its a pretty solid rough mix imo and i can definitely hear the direction you're going in. I like the vox, acu guitars and the drums for the most part

The more i listen though the more i hear little balance issues. The bass is a bit boomy in the intro, the organ is kinda buried and the overall tone is quite dark and thus the mix doesn't breathe as much as it could.

But as i said before, its a solid rough mix and will easily transform into the finished article when you get around to it.

Cheers