Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mix of LouisCressyBand_GoodTimel
I have revised my mix to make it better. I did not realized how much low end it had in the original mix, so I lower the bass and cut a few frequency of the kick to open up the mix. Also made the lead guitar less powerful. In my opinion this is a better mix, I guess you will be the judge.

Thank you for listening, enjoy the music. Your feed back are always welcome.

.mp3    LouisCressyBand_GoodTime.mp3 --  (Download: 11.17 MB)

.mp3    GoodTime MIX_2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.17 MB)

Hi, Great mix. I'm new to this site and only mix as a hobby, I love it though. Your mix sounds full and boomy, I dug the drums and bass. A little to muddy on some aspects but thats just my taste. Can you listen to mine and tell me what you hear?
Nice snare sound there, though perhaps a little forward in the mix. Did you replace it with a sample or is that just working with what was there?

The mix seems a little dry to me but that's not to say that's wrong. Sometimes I have observed that the feel of what I'm working on changes dramatically when I mute the reverb returns. (Like if I'm trying tomake some EQ tweaks and don't want the reverb in the way.) Kind of a funny thing, that.
Old West Audio
nice! i agree that the kit is a little forward, especially the hi hat and overheads

-Lank