Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catching Up - HbGuitar Mix
This is something I had 99% done about 2 months ago...Finally got around to posting.

A beautiful song...great guitar playing and vocal track.

Thanks for listening, feedback welcomed.

.mp3    Catching_Up_HB_mix_02.mp3 --  (Download: 8.55 MB)

Not sure what I was thinking when i posted original mix....vocal level way too high...too many effects.....must have had a head cold or somethingBlush

new version, mix_03 - hopefully better balanced

.mp3    Catching_Up_HB_mix_03.mp3 --  (Download: 8.55 MB)

(28-05-2014, 02:41 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Not sure what I was thinking when i posted original mix....vocal level way too high...too many effects.....must have had a head cold or somethingBlush

new version, mix_03 - hopefully better balanced

I liked the guitar sounds especially the fill guitar between 1:00 and 2:00 that is panned just left center. To me, the vocal seemed veiled, but I also liked the sound of the snare when it joins the mix.
Hey jswhitfield. Thanks for listening and for your comments.

yeah, that guitar on the left is played and recorded beautifully .... I fell in love with that melodic hammer on-off melodic hendrix style strat tone .... and the pick-up it gives the song when it comes in at 1.00 is so tasteful.

The whole mix was set-up with an FX template that I no longer use, mainly because it didn't really resolve depth very well so you're probably right about the vox.

cheers,

Simon