Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike's Sulking
Thanks for the listen and any input Smile

.mp3    Mike\'s Sulking.mp3 --  (Download: 9.46 MB)

.mp3    Mike\'s Sulking Final.mp3 --  (Download: 9.46 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Sounds Good Bob ,the bass sounds a little boomy around 130 to 150 hz maybe the bass amp cabinet !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

it sounds very good to me, Bob. Don still amazes me about his accuracy to distinguish the part of the spectrum where the problem lies. I still have to look around when something doesn't sound good to me Smile
mixing since April 2013
Here it is with some adjusted EQ on the bass and some different approaches to compression throughout Smile

.mp3    Mike\'s Sulking 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.46 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Nice balances throughout the song! Vocal always easy to pick out, never buried. Nice job!

Carlos
(07-04-2014, 05:59 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote: it sounds very good to me, Bob. Don still amazes me about his accuracy to distinguish the part of the spectrum where the problem lies. I still have to look around when something doesn't sound good to me Smile

You can see a lot with an analyser,anyone can only guess where it could be.
Deffoi needs a look at tho.
Listnin final version first post. Drums sound great. I think the vocal lvl could come down a bit, the rest would seem bigger that way and the lyrics would still come through with 2db less lvl.
The glockenspiel sounds great, I had trouble with that !
The panned guitars are very well eq´d, round and smooth left side, more aggresive right and thus makin space for eachother.
If you feel like it you could back off a bit on compression and have the music dictate the lvl. Then again Im known to yack about compression - dont loose sleep over it.
Great mix, I would love to have heard the great drums sound all the way through, but there are only 100 %.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Hey Bob,

listened to version 2. overall i liked it a lot. The bass is still getting a bit unruly at 1.49 and 3.28. I think its the peak around 120 hz doing the damage. Maybe look at reducing any boost you have here and maybe add some small boosts around 500 and 1000 hz to help it cut through the mix without relying so much on bottom end.

cheers

Not an easy one to mix.Good job.I,m still working on this one.