Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Noise - 'You Are the One'
After a little break, here I am with a brand new mix.

In my short mixing experience, I always tend to give mixes a modern sound, but this time I've tried not to because I really liked that sound I've heard in other mixes of this song.

But as usual, you have the final word. So let me know how to improve this beauty!!! Smile

.mp3    Street Noise - You\'re The One.mp3 --  (Download: 9.4 MB)

mixing since April 2013
si no fuera por el maldito soplido que tienen las pistas, te diría que esta buenísima la mezcla.
A mi me costo mucho sacarle el soplido a las pistas, creo que tarde mas en limpiar de soplido a a los tracks , que en ecualizar y mezclar . ODIO EL SOPLIDO. Es una fobia que tengo desde que grababa en cintas analógicas multipistas.

Esta muy buena tu mezcla, te felicito....

en cualquier momento me enseñas a mi , como se hace.

un abrazo

Sergio
¿qué yo te enseñe a ti? jajajaja!!! ¡¡ya me gustaría!!! muchas gracias!!
mixing since April 2013
I can hear your DR Hook inspiration for this lovely song
Good job Nice sounding mix Big Grin !!!!!

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(01-04-2014, 07:49 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote: [A]s usual, you have the final word. So let me know how to improve this beauty!!! Smile

Not much. Smile

Gotta love the balance and the nice stereo spread here! And that beautiful, open reverb you put on the vocals? Nice! I tend to be rather minimalist with my reverb; I use it mostly for presence, though I do apply it more heavily when the song calls for it. This wouldn't have been a song that I felt called for it (and you can hear that in my own mix) but you made it work; it sounded just like those big, open reverbs I used to hear on those old 8-tracks I grew up with! Love it! Big Grin

In fact, the only issues with your mix really are due to the limitations of the source material. I don't think you need to adjust your level balance at all; it's spot on. However, I would brighten up the electric guitars a bit. Also, the congas and particularly the acoustic guitar need help; as you undoubtedly know by now neither track was exactly in stellar condition. Sad

Heres what I did in my mix to bring back some of the life in them:

Acoustic guitar? Some fairly aggressive EQ: a -24 dB cut at 260 Hz, 3.5 dB boost at 3100 Hz and 16 dB boost at 4800 Hz; I also applied a hipass rolled off at 200 Hz. The low cuts helped address the hum and the mud and the high boosts helped bring back some of the sparkle. The congas? To sharpen them up I applied an 11 dB boost at 2200 Hz, a 24 dB boost at 5500 Hz, a hipass at 150 Hz and some gentle compression.

Just some suggestions to get you started. Smile

Other than that, though, same great quality of work as I've come to expect from you. Love it! Cool
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
I missed this mix, it sounds great well done and I agree its a great verb on the vox.
Really well done mix, bass is spot on too.
Your hard work is slowly paying off
thank you, Alan! yes, I'm a very stubborn guy and when I want to learn something, I go for it no matter how difficult it might be!! Smile
mixing since April 2013